PH: (301) 519-9780 FAX: (301) 519-9843 ROUTING #: 255078052
MVP Postal & Printing Federal Credit Union is owned by its members and run by a board of directors you elect. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority of this credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information.
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share information about you to complete your transactions and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide either services to us or additional financial products for you to consider. Under these arrangements, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described below, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide.
We do not permit these companies to sell to other third parties the information we provide.
We collect the following nonpublic personal information about you from a variety of sources and may disclose all the information we collect to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
· Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
· Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
· Information you send to us via mail or e-mail;
· Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency; and;
· Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other form. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may also disclose information we collect about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with MVP Postal & Printing F C U, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. All employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
The App helps you control your credit and debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
The App allows you to:
· turn your credit cards on and off;
· establish transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories and geographic locations;
· receive alerts when your credit card is used, approved or exceeds the transaction controls set by you;
· stay informed of potential fraud with alerts on attempted and declined transactions; and
· get real-time balances for your accounts.
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
· We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
· We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
· If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
· We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
· Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
· Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
· Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
· Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
· Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
· Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect your location information when you use the Services; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
· facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
· identify you as a legitimate user in our system;
· provide improved administration of the Services;
· provide the Services you request;
· improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services;
· send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
· send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
· comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
· protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
· audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
· enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
· prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
MVP Postal & Printing FCU
16501 Shady Grove Rd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20898-9202
· Always inform us of any changes to your nonpublic personal information (such as an address change, name change, e-mail address change, phone number change, etc…)
· Protect your account numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords by keeping them private. Never share such information with others, and avoid keeping your PIN or passwords near your debit card or credit card where they might be easily discovered should your cards become lost or stolen.
· Never disclose your account numbers, social security number, PINs or passwords over the phone to anyone who calls you. If, in order to help you, you need to share this information with us over the phone make sure you call us. This way, you will know you are really speaking with an actual MVP Postal & Printing FCU Representative.
We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).